I just won a $10, 000 trip to New York City from Kraft Canada for my Frozen Chocolate Covered Brownies with Buttered Rum Caramel (on a stick)!
I can’t believe it!!! I think I might need a few days to recover from the news.
Here’s the recipe!!
$10,000 Brownies – Recipe
- 1 cup Salted Butter, softened
- 2 cups Sugar
- 1 250 gram package of Philadelphia Cream Cheese
- 3 Eggs
- 2 teaspoons Vanilla
- 1 1/2 cups All Purpose Flour
- 3/4 cup Cocoa Powder
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 5 cups Chocolate Chips
- 1 tbsp Vegetable Oil
- 1 250 to 450 gram container of caramel sauce (depends on how much you love caramel)
- 2 tablespoons Rum
- 2 tablespoons Butter
- 18 Sturdy lollypop or popsicle sticks
- With mixer whip butter, sugar and cream cheese until light and fluffy
- Add the eggs and vanilla and mix until well blended
- In a seperate bowl mix the flour, cocoa, baking powder and salt
- Add the dry mixture to the wet mixture and combine
- Add 1 cup of the chocolate chips to the batter.
- Pour into 2 - 9 x 9 inch baking pans. Make sure that they are parchment paper lined! You will need to do this to lift the brownies out of the pans
- Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes
- Once cooked let cool for 15 minutes
- Lift brownies out of pans and cut each pan into 9 equal squares (making 18)
- Transfer the brownies onto a parchment lined cookie sheet
- With the brownies (still) on the parchment paper insert the sticks into the side of each one (making sure they are almost all the way through)
- Place in freezer for 2 hours
- Mean while put the caramel in a pot and warm gently on the stove until just warm. Add the rum and butter and stir well.
- Take the brownies out of the freezer and top each with a generous amount of caramel. Put back in the freezer for 30 minutes.
- Gently melt your remaining chocolate chips.
- Once melted add the 1 tbsp of vegetable oil and stir well
- Take the brownies out of the freezer and top with chocolate. Use your finger to smear it around the top and the sides.
- Place back in the freezer until firm then transfer to a container with a tight fitting lid.
- Store in freezer until ready to eat.... YUM!!
The Hungry Hollow Copyright 2012