This recipe was inspired by my farm. Every year we grow an acre pumpkin patch and when I was out planting it I had a moment of clarity…AH HA! Pumpkin Pie Squares with a Shortbread Crust!
Pumpkin Pie Squares With Shortbread Crust
- 1 1/3 cup(s) of All Purpose Flour
- 1/3 cup(s) of Sugar
- 1/2 cup(s) of Butter
- 1 250 gram package of Cream Cheese, softened
- 1 cup(s) of Sugar
- 1 tsp. of Cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp. of Nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp. of Ginger
- 1/2 cup(s) of Pureed Pumpkin
- Put the flour, 1/3 cup of sugar and butter into food processor. Pulse until crumbly.
- Press into a 8 x 8 inch parchment lined baking dish.
- Bake in a 350 degree oven for 15 minutes.
- While the crust is cooking beat the cream cheese until fluffly.
- Add 1 cup sugar and the spices. Beat on high for 2 minutes.
- Add the pumpkin. Stir until combined.
- Put in the fridge.
- When the crust is done put in on a rack in the fridge to cool for 15 minutes.
- After 15 minutes pour the filling into the crust.
- Put back into the fridge for 25 minutes.
- Cut into 16 equal squares.
The Hungry Hollow Copyright 2012