I used to buy this for like a gagillion dollars a bag; but I just discoverd how to make it for pennies!!!!
Thank you Canadian Living Magazine!
SAVE or PRINT the recipe card below or you can also use your smart phone to scan the QR Code!
How COOL is THAT?!
Chocolate Dipped Sponge Toffee
- 2 1/2 Cups - Sugar
- 2/3 Cups - Corn Syrup
- 1/3 Cup - Water
- 4 Tsp - Baking Soda (sifted to avoid lumps)
- 2 Tsp - Vanilla
- 2 Cups - Chocolate Chips
- Mix the sugar, corn syrup and water in a LARGE pot (it will expand a lot)
- Bring to a boil and then boil (do not stir) on medium low heat for 10 minutes
- Take off heat.
- Carefully add the baking soda and vanilla.
- Whisk gently and then let it foam up!
- Pour into 2 parchment lined metal 9x9 pans
- Completely cool
- Break into pieces
- Melt Chocolate Chips
- Dip Sponge Toffee into Chocolate
- **Reciped adapted from Canadian Living Magazine**
The Hungry Hollow Copyright 2012