This dessert is so decadent you could serve them at an afternoon tea OR a wedding! Cherry pie filling incased in a creamy truffle.
What more could you want?
Cherry Cheese Cake Truffles
- 2 - 250 gram packages of Cream Cheese
- 1 cup(s) of Sugar
- 1 tbsp. of Butter, melted
- 1 tsp. of Vanilla Extract
- 1/2 cup(s) of Graham Cracker Crumbs
- 1 cup(s) of Cocoa Powder
- 1 tsp. of Instant Coffee
- 1/2 540 ml Can Cherry Pie Filling
- 2 cup(s) of Semi Sweet Chocolate Chips
- Beat the cream cheese until really really fluffy
- Add the sugar and beat until combined
- Add vanilla extract and combine
- Mix the butter and graham cracker crumbs together and then add to cream cheese mixture. Mix until combined
- Add the Cocoa Powder and Instant Coffee and mix until well combined.
- Puree the Cherry Pie Filling. Set Aside
- Using a melon baller make balls out of the cream cheese mixture and place on a wax paper lined cookie sheet
- Make a small indent in each truffle and place a small amount of cherry pie filling in each one
- Melt the chocolate chips over a water bath
- Using 2 spoons put a dollop of melted chocolate on each truffle spreading it around the truffle as you go
- Place in the fridge for 15 minutes
The Hungry Hollow Copyright 2012