January 7, 2012 in Canning, Canning, Crab Apples, Just Talking, Recipes, Self Sufficiency, Wild Edibles by Cathy
Voted 5/5 Stars on Pioneer Woman’s Tasty Kitchen! (As of October 21, 2011)
I LOVE this recipe.
In fact even my 11 year old son will eat half a jar at one sitting with crackers and cheddar cheese. This recipe is FANTASTIC and I have won awards for it at our local fall fair. : )
This is my first canning recipe on this website because it is my
World’s Best Apple Chutney!
- 4 – Medium Tomatoes (Leave the skins on)
- 8 – Medium Cooking Onions
- 5 – Medium MacIntosh Apples OR 10 Crab Apples!(Leave the skins on)
- 2 – Large Green Peppers
- 2 – Large Red Peppers
- CHOP THESE ALL UP GOOD AND PUT IN A BIG POT!
- THEN ADD:
- 4 Cups – White Vinegar
- 2 Cups – White Sugar
- 1 Cup – Brown Sugar
- 2 Tbsp – Salt
- 2 Tsp – Cinnamon
- 2 Tsp – Ground Cloves
- 2 Tsp – Allspice
- BRING EVERYTHING TO A BOIL AND THEN SIMMER FOR 2 HOURS.
- WILL MAKE 8 OR 9 (250 ml) JARS.
- PROCESS IN HOT WATER BATH FOR 10 MINUTUES
The Hungry Hollow Copyright 2012