January 5, 2012 in Christmas, Confections, Holidays, Recipes by Cathy
I created this recipe by adapting my friend Colleen’s, most AWESOME recipe for Naniamo Bars. I have changed some of the ingredients so that they could be formed into bites (and because I always like to put my own twist on things )
If you would like to see the video for this recipe you can find it HERE!
FOR THE BASE:
- 1/3 cup Cocoa
- 1/4 cup Sugar
- 3/4 cup Melted Butter
- 1 Egg
- 1/2 cup All Purpose Flour
- 1/4 brick of Plain Cream Cheese
- 1 tsp Vanilla
- 1 cup Sweetened Flaked Coconut
- 1/4 cup Melted Butter
- 2 tbsp Milk
- 2 tbsp Custard Powder
- 2 cups Icing Sugar
- 1 tsp Butter
- 1 cup Chocolate Chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Mix all the BASE ingredients together.
- Using a small melon scooper put small balls into tarlet pan (size 24 tarts).
- With your thumb make indents
- Bake for 6 minutes.
- Now mix all the ingredients for the filling (excluding 1 tsp butter and chocolate)
- Fill the Nanaimo Bites with the filling.
- Melt the chocolate and the butter in the microwave and take out to stir every 30 seconds until melted.
- Spread chocolate over each bite.
The Hungry Hollow Copyright 2012
How to Make Sour Dough Bread – recipe